Friday, December 23, 2011

Reversal of Opinion

My period was (originally) due today. However, since I did not ovulate, I of course should not get a period today. Nor have I. But in a complete role reversal for me, I found myself hoping to get my period. Every time I went to the bathroom, instead of looking skyward until the last second possible, hoping without hope not to see red drops, I was rooting for my period. What an odd, odd feeling...

And perhaps, in a weird way, a cosmic Christmas gift. Because it's a lot easier not getting the period I wasn't expecting than getting the period I was wasn't expecting. I got my grieving done a week ago instead. So, for the weekend I will eat, drink and be merry. And I'll toast the Monday afterward with my first dose of Provera.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment