Saturday, December 8, 2012

12 - 13 week happenings

This week I am officially 13 weeks. Spitting distance to the second trimester. It can't get here soon enough.

We had our NT scan last week and I came back as "pending" which is apparently as good as it can get at this stage, saying that we are at low risk for downs, trisomy, and neural tube defects. Seeing the baby during the NT scan was the first time I really felt pregnant - it started to sink in that we have a baby in there and we might actually have a chance (excuse me while I go knock on every piece of wood in the house). It was amazing to see the baby jumping all over the place. We thought it had hiccups, but the tech said it was just launching itself off the uterus because there was so much room. Truthfully, due to the energy level of this little guy or girl, I am suspect that it might not be a baby, but a Labrador retriever we have in there...it reminded me an awful lot of our puppy Luna.

Anyhow, the heartbeat still looked good (165), so we decided the time had come to start telling people. In my case, this meant making an official work announcement. I was so so dreading this. I am completely, 100% socially awkward, and there is nothing I hate more than being the center of attention. Truly, I cringe. So the idea of standing up at a faculty meeting and announcing I was pregnant was giving me the heeby jeebies. And don't even get me started with the thought of telling my class! But, I put on my big girl pants (well, I have to - they are the only ones that fit) and told everyone, and of course it was very nice.

Little by little, I am also telling co-workers it was an IVF baby. Part of me thinks this is way too much to share with people that aren't family and intimate friends, but another part of me thinks, why the heck not?! I want people to know that this was not easy, and, if anyone I am working with is struggling, I hope it lessens the pain of hearing the announcement a little bit. Of course, once I start talking about it I have a bit of verbal diarrhea...I am currently working on how to share without completely oversharing (socially acceptable: Yes we are still on medication. Less so: I am currently taking progesterone suppositories and am leaking as we speak. It seems like an easy distinction, but I scarily almost crossed that line the other day).

So now we are in a big waiting pattern. I am 14 weeks on Tuesday. However, I don't have my next doctor's appointment until January 4th (or, to say it in the dramatic fashion it sounds in my head: I don't have an appointment until next year!!!) and that is really scary to me. I tried using an at-home doppler today and I think it was invented to be evil and torture people. After 25 minutes, I may have found the heartbeat, but it it may also have been gas. Who knows? What I do know is that I need D to hide it from me so I have some shred of sanity left by our January appointment.

5 comments:

  1. Wow- 13 weeks! Unbelievable B! I can't imagine how scary it was to come out of the closet (so to speak) but at the same time it means that you are far enough along in your pregnancy for such things. And that, despite the fear, is worth it's weight in gold.

    Thinking of you often my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. In my completely counter-intuitive logic, I feel more scared now that I shared, but I know that is not logical. However, most important, I do realize how lucky I am to even be at this point, and that takes my breath away often.

    I think of you all the time and am anxiously following your journey. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay! How has this week been after the news has sunk in?

    I completely understand the rolling mess that is oversharing ;-) you feel so relieved to just tell the truth because really, doing IVF is like carrying this big thing around so it feels good to say, "I did this by IVF and I am on the other side!" and then you start giving details and before you know it more start coming than you'd planned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 奇摩女孩視訊聊天室
    俏麗佳人視訊聊天室
    model104視訊聊天室
    破解視訊聊天室
    app手機視訊聊天室
    性愛視訊聊天室
    情人視訊聊天室
    韓國夏娃視訊聊天室
    美女視訊聊天室
    台灣色B視訊聊天室
    夫妻視頻交友QQ群黑色絲網襪美女視頻日本激情黃色圖片黃色AV視頻網站85街官網st論壇
    免費午夜秀視頻聊天室你懂的真人美女主播裸體視頻性愛淫蕩色情3級約愛視頻背包客棧論壇
    同城美女視頻聊天室真愛旅舍午夜祼聊直播間快播AV毛片日本成人AV片全球成人情色論壇
    韓國美女主播聊天室美女主播聊天室午夜直播間成人很黃很色的動態圖台灣影視論壇
    如何找聊天室主播視頻美女主播的不雅視頻午夜秀場免費直播間色女孩綜合網天堂私服論壇

    ReplyDelete
  5. 104meme影音視訊聊天室-免費祼聊聊天室
    ut視訊-色裸聊直播間
    ut視訊聊天室-能看啪啪福利的聊天室
    免費視訊聊天-免費可以看裸聊直播app
    uthome視訊聊天-裸聊免費網
    ut正妹視訊-色情真人秀網站
    色情視訊-免費語音視頻聊天室
    情色視訊-美女真人裸聊聊天室
    真人視訊美女直播-免費午夜秀視頻聊天室
    台灣色情視訊聊天-台灣情人視頻聊天室
    免費語音視頻聊天室同城午夜一夜情交友網站日韓電影播播擼擼射成人小說網站豆豆聊聊天室
    飄聊視頻語音聊天室在線視頻語音聊天室日本AV電影在線觀看成人動漫網美少女自拍拍貼圖區
    老年女人聊天室我秀語音視頻聊天網視訊聊天交友3D成人片下載3D成人影片合成貼圖
    9聊視頻語音聊天室3聊視頻語音聊天室午夜福利直播間大街上的美腿美女成人貼圖站
    三聊視頻語音聊天室碧聊視頻語音聊天室春宮亂倫小說日本AV劇情電影3D版成人片85貼圖區

    ReplyDelete