Monday, October 8, 2012

Beta #3 (20dpo)

When I had not heard by 3:30 today, I began to suspect the worse. It seems the better the news, the earlier the call at my clinic.

Sure enough, this call came at 3:55.

My numbers did not quadruple. I had 234 on Thursday. I needed to be at around 940 today for a doubling time of 48 hours. Instead, my number was 573.

My nurse says it is good they went up, just slower then they like.  I have to go Wednesday for a fourth beta and hopefully the numbers will double (or still be rising I guess).

However, I am feeling all out of hope for today.

9 comments:

  1. There is still very much to have hope for! A few possibilities could explain why your numbers didn't increase quite as they were expected to. The wait is scary and I am sorry you are in this position. I'll be thinking of you and sending hope your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lady. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to see a non-doubling beta. I hope your next number doubles nicely and you go on to have a happy and healthy nine months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Let's hope for a lovely big number on Wednesday. This is such a rollercoaster, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing my fingers super hard for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry the numbers weren't quite where you had hoped. Try to stay positive. I know it's easier said than done. I'm hoping for the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beta hell is such a hard place to be...fingers crossed for you. I hope they do a huge jump.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok. I know this isn't the news you wanted and I can only assume you've been not in the best place since you received your results. But (and maybe it's because I'm feeling desperate to have this work for you or because you are just so close) I've been working the math and they look for a 30 to 72 hour doubling. You are at 73.87 hour doubling. That's still really, really close. I understand if you can't hope right now but damnit, I'm still going to hope FOR you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still praying SO HARD for you! I know those numbers aren't what you wanted to hear, but things can still progress positively from here. I'm holding onto so much HOPE for you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still hoping so hard for you! Did you do your 4th yesterday?

    ReplyDelete