Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A bust

Today is CD11 and I had my follow up to see how the clomid worked. If all went well, I would get my sample cup, take my shot tonight, and be good for iui on Thursday. However, since the title is somewhat of a spoiler alert, that was not the case. My little follies were just that: little. The biggest guy was a 13 (seems to be my number) and the others were just 11s. Plus, my lining was crap (so much for drinking pomegranate juice. POMs is about to see their profit margin plummet). So now, no iui, but back for another follow up on Friday.

I know it is not the end of the world and it's just a delay. But its frustrating that something small like an appointment can't work out, let alone the big thing like actually getting pregnant. Sigh. But I will persevere (albeit crankily...and possibly with the help of some wine).

2 comments:

  1. You touched on something I often think about- if they can't help me with something little, how the heck are they going to get me pregnant? I'm so sorry for the setback. I raise my glass with yours in hopes that Friday is brings better news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...not quite sure what I am expecting tomorrow. Some optimistic part of me is hoping for several eggs and a thick lining. A much larger part of me is shaking her head scornfully and thinking, "When will you ever learn?".

      Delete