Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fell off the wagon

So I temped this morning. I had been so good. My thermometer was missing (D never hid it, but the cat had coincidentally stolen it around the same time) and I resolutely did not look for it. However, today I felt the urge. I am 11 DPIUI and I have been feeling out of the game. So when I happened to see the thermometer under my nightstand, I took it as divine inspiration.

So I temped. After being awake for an hour, having walked the dog and already showered. But I rationalized if it was still in the highish range, I would be reassured. And if it was low, I could write it off as nothing since it was in no way the first thing I did this morning (as if I don't know myself!?). Plus, i figured this was better than taking a pregnancy test. So i did it. And of course, the temp was right where my pre-period temp normally is. In fact, it was the exact same temp I had at 11 DPiui last month. Blerg.

3 comments:

  1. Some habits are hard to break. Don't beat yourself up over it. I just hate for you to read more into it than you should.

    My advice? Throw that thermometer in the trash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! They found their way to the trash today (hang head in shame that I have to say "they" not "it").

      Delete