Thursday, March 8, 2012

No News is Good News?

I'm currently 5DPIUI and went in for my progesterone test today. I was told if it was above 10, I would not hear, and if it was lower than 10 I would need to start supplements right away. Having no faith in my body (that's not quite how they put it...they used the word "precaution"), they gave me a 4 day sample and a prescription on the spot.

However, it is 10:15 pm and I have not received a phone call, so I think I am officially in the clear. Of course, I would love to know what my progesterone actually is (cause I wouldn't be quite as thrilled if it is 10.5 versus the 20 I have decided to make up that it is). However, like the previous Dr. D, they keep all of that specific info tighter locked than secrets at Fort Knox. I have no idea what these Dr.s think I would do with the information if they gave it to me, but clearly it is too dangerous to risk.

Tie this in with my temping embargo (Hi, my name is B. It has been 5 days since I last took my temperature) and I am left with very little TWW distractions. I might have to take up macrame or something instead.

4 comments:

  1. Progesterone over 10 is definitely good news but I'd also be absolutely dying to know the number...I think the nurses are always so confused as to why some random person thinks they can interpret those things, they don't know that I have a degree from Dr. Google ;)

    Bless you for being able to not temp! Coming from someone who used to take her temp at random times of the day and then convinced herself that those temps actually mattered...you are superwoman! Thanks for checking in at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My mom always jokes that I should have a medical certificate at the end of this for all I (think I) know. Of course, with further researching, I am even more curious since I think my number should technically be over 15 since it was a medicated cycle. Oh well, I should know soon enough!

      Haha - not temping has nothing to do with strength. Quite the opposite - it has to do with basic survival. I was going mad!

      Delete
  2. I was looking into crocheting classes last night for this very same reason. No joke. And don't be afraid to push to get those numbers. I get compulsive about it because I document everything on my own. So for any reason I need to go back and check, I have a Google Doc with everything. It's come in handy more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to push for some answers when I go in. I was talking to people who go to the same clinic and they all seem to know their numbers.

      Meanwhile, I was joking about the macrame but then I realized I did recently sign up for a drawing class at the community college...I guess my subconscious really is in need of a hobby since I did it without even realizing! Hopefully it works!!

      Delete