Sunday, June 10, 2012

Overachiever

CD 9

Alternate post title: Be careful what you wish for...

Since starting medicated cycles, I have been something of an underachiever. On Clomid, I only ever made two egg sacs. On my last injectible cycle I had 3. This cycle...well, this cycle is shaping up a little differently. As of today, I have 12 measurable egg sacs, all measuring between 11 and 14mm, and lots of smaller ones the nurse said weren't worth measuring at this point.

So now, I am in a waiting zone.  I am not sure what they are going to do. The nurse said my estrogen is still low, which is a good thing because it means all the sacs aren't mature and carrying eggs. If my estrogen is still low after today's blood draw, they will let me proceed. If my estrogen is high - well, they might cancel my iui. Of course my doctor (the one who gets to make all the pivotal decisions without really ever seeing me) is away on his honeymoon, so that adds another wrinkle to this whole saga.

Anyone have a similar response to the meds and have a success story to report? I am sitting here by my phone waiting for the call, and could use some hope that this cycle will still be a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment