Thanks to Tami @ Submerged for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Here is how it works:
- Share who gave you the award with a link back to their blog
- Write down 7 random facts about yourself
- Give the award to 15 other bloggers.
- Let them know they’ve won & pop the award up on your blog.
1. Until I was 27, I lived in the same county my entire life. Yes, not country, county. Even once I graduated high school, our state university happened to be within that same county as well (I still insisted in living on campus). Only at 27 when D and I moved in together did I finally "get out". However, if you literally crossed the street, you would be back in my original one. Eventually we moved again and are a whopping 15 minutes away. I used to abhor this fact, but now I enjoy that my family, friends (from both high school and college) and everything else I love are so close to me. It just makes vacations all the more important...
2. I listen to books on CD everyday on my commute. It is an hour each way and I find it the only way to pass the time without going crazy. However, it is always a little embarrassing pulling up to a stop light with my windows open only to be blaring Jennifer Weiner's latest book.
3. I love to read (not just listen) and my favorite book ever is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I read it for the first time the summer before high school and it was the first time I ever completely and utterly related to a book. At this point, I have large passages memorized from rereading it so much.
4. My dog's name is Luna and she is named after the character Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series (D and I went to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on our first date, and all the subsequent movies on our anniversary, or whenever they came out).
5. Cheese is my absolutely positively favorite food. I love everything from as low brow as American single slices to as fancy as super stinky cheese that you have to scoop out with a spoon. I have yet to meet a cheese I have not liked.
6. When I read Trisha's list it reminded me of this. As a kid I was something of a hypochondriac. I would hear about a disease and instantly be sure I would get it. I remember learning about Rabies and, once I had diagnosed myself, thinking that the most awful thing would be having to get six shots in your stomach. I thought there could not be anything more painful or scary. I thought about this the other day and scoffed. I could totally handle six shots in the belly now (But, er...I will still pass on the rabies).
7. If anyone is a fan of 30 Rock my husband swears I am Liz Lemon. I am not entirely sure that is a compliment (in fact, I am almost positive it is not), but I do cringe at the similarity sometimes...
As for nominating others, I am not sure who else reads my blog. So instead, here is a list of blogs that make me go Squeee when I see they are new in my Google Reader...
Just Stop Trying and it will Happen
Waiting for Little Feet
Baby Making Merry Go Round
This Bumpy Ride of Mine
Womb for Improvement
The Elusive Second Line